If my guide helped you please send a donation to: Ethereum Address: 0xC3935595660f16A6549EFd3263673C6a2fb25327 If you need help ter setting up your bios for your GPU, send mij your original bios through Skype, my ID is: “ bijac666 ”, but attempt to check the GPU Bios Guide very first, it will instruct you how to bios mod with just 1 click, and yes it will 99% mod your bios the zindelijk way, if not voeling mij.
Windows Ten Ethereum Mining Guide that contains information about GPU settings,BIOS modding, overclocking and Windows Ten tweaks
I’m mining ethereum for fairly some time now. I have a collection of lots of RX 4xx/5xx GPU’s and many Nvidia Gtx 1060/1070 Gpu’s and I have helped people on various forums, and had a loterijlot of customers from which I’ve gained all of this skill. I have written this guide to help you setup your own gpu for mining purposes.
If my guide helped you please send a donation to:
Ethereum Address: 0xC3935595660f16A6549EFd3263673C6a2fb25327
If you need help ter setting up your bios for your GPU, send mij your original bios through Skype, my ID is: “bijac666”, but attempt to check the GPU Bios Guide very first, it will train you how to bios mod with just 1 click, and yes it will 99% mod your bios the zindelijk way, if not voeling mij.
Please go after all the steps described ter this guide by their order ! This is a collection of my practices with fixing various mining problems. I have helped overheen 500 people with their problems and this guide should have an reaction to most or most likely all of them
- Nvidia Ethereum Mining Guide – it will reduce your power draw by very high amount without losing hashrate
- One Click GPU BIOS Mod Guide – yes, you can bios mod any GPU with 1 click, works 99% of time, and it’s SAFE, you won’t brick your GPU doing it that way
- AMD Electroneum/Monero Mining Guide – optimize your GPU’s for mining Cryptonight algorithm coins
What motherboard to get?
- For the 6 GPU mining equipments the best, cheapest and most reliable motherboard is a H81 professional BTC Two.0 (works better than most very expensive gaming motherboards like Z170 and Z270 Professional series) .
- For the 12/13 GPU mining equipments, the best motherboard to use is a ASRock H110 Professional BTC (Windows can only support 12 AMD GPU’s at the same time, you can combine 12 AMD + 6 Nvidia GPU’s but it’s not worth it, there are some Nineteen+ Motherboards, but from private practice you will have problems with them, so better stick to 6 or 12 GPU Mining Equipments)
Significant : You Voorwaarde have the latest motherboard bios installed. (you can check your motherboard bios update history, to see what wasgoed switched from your bios version till the latest available one. If there are no major switches, then you can skip this step.( Chipset, PCI-E, GPU support switches are the most significant ones and you NEED to upgrade your Motherboard BIOS if they came out).
Common motherboard problems?
- each Motherboard has a Immobilized MAX PCI-E support. For example an H81 professional btc has 7, that means you can’t have more than 7 GPU’s connected on that motherboard! (Integrated GPU on the motherboard + 6 GPU = 7 GPU total)
- integrated GPU counts spil 1 GPU, reminisce that! (maybe you can get 1 more GPU vanaf motherboard if you had the integrated GPU disabled, but that is not recommended.
- ALWAYS have your Motherboard’s Integrated GPU spil your main movie output or target display, that way you will liquidate the stress of mining the GPU’s to produce a movie output (te the bios settings, it should be under the Chipset option, and will you need to set the PCI-E to IGFX (integrated graphics adapter).
- don’t use PCI-E splitters because it won’t most likely work, because the main reason for this is, that the motherboard caps to the GPU’s (PCI-E lanes used) are connected. (some Motherboards can treat 8 GPU’s without integrated GPU enabled, but that can cause instability and it’s not worth the risk).
- if your motherboard has extra SATA or Molex PSU connectors, you will have to connect them to the PSU, for example an H81 professional btc has Two extra Molex connectors,and they vereiste be enabled if you project to have Four or more GPU’s connected, so that your PCI-E lanes can get enough power to run stable.
- some motherboards like the Z170 which are used for Gaming have 6 PCI-E inputs, but if you connect all 6 of them and you have an Integrated GPU enabled on your equipment, it very likely won’t embark or it will give you a poor vertoning. That is an error on your motherboard, and you have to disable the Integrated GPU to make the equipment work, and that is not a good option. And it will for sure cause problems.
How to setup your motherboard?
- very first you will need to connect your motherboard with just a CPU, RAM and the Disk. DO NOT use any of the GPU’s until the end of this setup.
- connect your movie display to the integrated GPU on the motherboard
- turn on the PC and go into the bios:
- set the Chipset’s primary movie display to an Integrated GPU (IGFX)
- Set the PCI-E to Automaat
- Disable the audio
- activate above 4G if you have that option available under your motherboard, that is specially option for some motherboards , used to optimize your PC if it has Four or more GPU’s connected, mostly Z270 motherboards have this option (h81 professional btc does not have this option, it has it already by default)
- Set the power loss options to “Always on” – so that your PC turns on instantaneously after you connect it to it’s power source.
Other PC parts?
Significant – never use WiFi to connect your mining equipments, from my practices that can cause big trouble. Higher ping, random disconnects, Wifi freezing at embark of mining, shares rejected and so on. For example my Wifi adapter would zekering working if it wasgoed directly connected to the mining equipment, but if I wasgoed using an usb extender so I can place Wifi Adapter away from the equipment (1-2m) then it would work, spil if the equipment itself disrupted the Wifi signal, spil strange spil it sounds…. If you want to use Wifi, use the 5G. The more mining equipments you have, the more trouble with Wifi you will get.
- 4gb of any RAM is enough for 6 GPU equipments.
- 8gb of any RAM is used only for 12/13 GPU equipments.
- RAM is not so significant so that the 1333mhz cheap memory is ok
- any CPU that fits the socket of your motherboard (1150 for H81 professional btc) is ok
- or 1151 lga CPU for H110 Voor BTC Motherboard
- For 12/13 GPU equipments get a slightly better CPU (60$-100$) cause it will be a bit quicker when working on the Equipment especially when switching GPU’s from Graphics to Compute mode te AMD Settings and using streaming software (Team Viewer, Splashtop)
- get 80+gold or 80+platinum certified PSU’s ONLY. From my own practices, I have heard many times that the cheap PSU’s caught on fire or even have melted, thus making serious harm to the motherboard.
- DON’T overcharge your PSU! For example, an 1000W gold PSU should NEVER be coerced overheen the 800W power draw for max efficiency, you might end up demolishing it. please don’t buy cheap PSU’s for running your mining equipment 24/7! If you run PSU at 100% a loterijlot of bad things can toebijten, I have confirmed from a lotsbestemming of sources that. If you already have so expensive components, the worst thing would be to save money on your PSU.
- NEVER have more than Two GPU Risers connected to the SAME PSU Molex/Sata cable, this is very significant because, it could melt the cable or burn the PSU!!
- 80 PLUS certificate tells you how much toegevoegd power the PSU will draw to power your components. Let’s say you have 8 GPU’s and they use with your motherboard and other parts precies 1000W (let’s say it’s 50% PSU fountain). 80+ Platinum will use 1060W total (it will lose 60W reserve), 80+ Gold will use 1080W, 80+ Silver will use 1100W, 80+ Bronze will use 1120W and a PSU without certificate will use 1150W or more. The power draw of each PC part is the same, the only thing that switches is the reserve power the PSU needs to power your equipment (te our example our PC will always use 1000W but the PSU needs reserve to generate that flow). PSU maximum efficiency is stated ter it’s manula, mostly it’s 50-80% of it’s stream, the ones I used ter this example. At higher PSU fountains the efficiency drops by addiitonal 2-4%. Higher grade certificate is expensive and most of them have 5-10 years warranty. It’s very significant to get top grade and high quality PSU with long warranty because that reduces the RISK (PSU went trough a loterijlot of testings, that’s why they are expensive), and if you already spend so much on your Mining Equipment, there is no point to save some petite $ on a very significant component, and you will save power ter a longer run that will increase your ROI.
- they are responsible for most of the trouble with your GPU’s, so if you have a problem with one of your GPU’s for example, and you don’t see it or you can’t flash the bios, attempt to substitute the riser.
- attempt to get high quality risers(latest release), they are a very significant part of your mining equipment and you don’t want them to make problems, 60cm cable length is fine
- For 6 GPU mining equipments get 64GB SSD
- For 12 GPU mining equipments get 128GB SSD
You can get Windows Ten Voor for FREE at their official webstek. You can download their Windows implement for making a bootable USB stick(If you are doing this on a PC that has Original Windows already on it) or download the Windows Ten ISO from their webpagina and make yourself a bootable USB, install Windows on your SSD and , you will never have to pay for the license if you don’t want to. Still don’t have any GPU’s connected to your Mining equipment! Because the very first thing wij want is to optimize Windows for our own mining purposes. THIS IS THE MOST Significant PART THAT PEOPLE DO WRONG! If you want to have original Windows Ten, buy them at Kinguin. The only difference from OEM version instead of Retail version is that you can have the Windows activated on only 1 PC (you can’t reactivate the key on another PC), this version is used by most miners.
Why Windows instead of Linux?
Most people think that Linux is a more stable operating system or because it’s so lightweight, that it runs better, it can have more GPU support ( Windows Ten supports 12 GPU now ) and should be a better option for 24/7 mining. It would seem logical, but it isn’t:
Because Linux has various problems, such spil:
- drivers for the GPU’s under Linux are OUTDATED and they have poor support
- overclock devices for Linux are hard to get and they most likely won’t work on all of the gpu’s decently (especially not the undervolt part, which is the most significant).
- it’s hard to tell if one GPU produces memory errors or if it’s something bad with the GPU, that would cause it to pauze ter the longer run (Windows has strong instruments like HWinfo64 that can tell you precise if your GPU is working decently or if it’s unstable)
- POWER DRAW – yes, under Linux your GPU’s will use about 5% more power than on WIndows, with the precies same settings for overclock/undervolt.
- HASH RATE – spil described before, Linux is not EFFICIENT and you will not get the same hash rate spil on Windows, for example the precies same settings on a GPU on Linux would give you 28.8 MH/s and on Windows you will get 29.Trio MH/s.
- Linux isn’t more stable than Windows Ten, if Windows is setup decently, it can run for months without the need of a reboot, most people don’t know that.
- Instruments like SMOS or EthOS are very expensive and they offerande you spil they describe it: “Simple” mining monitoring solutions. Their devices for overclock and undervolt are not working decently. Those Linux based OS CAN’T have the same Overclock/Undervolt settings spil on Windows, or they will crash because of poor driver support (800mV on Memory works on most GPU’s under Windows, but almost none on Linux…).
- you can monitor your equipments on Windows almost the same way spil on SMOS or EthOS, I will explain how to do that zometeen ter the guide.
How to setup Windows?
Four.1 WINDOWS UPDATES
If you have downloaded Windows Ten from the official Microsoft webstek (never use torrents for this) then your Windows Ten professional is almost up to date.
- Go to the Control Center
- Go to Updates and Security
- Go to Windows Update
- Check for updates and install the latest ones
Four.1 DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE
Download latest .Netwerken Framework Trio.Five Offline Installer – it is required to run Polaris 1.6 and OverdriveNtool. Windows Ten Comes with Four.x Framework, but that one will not work with Polaris and OverdriveNtool. You need to install the .Netwerken Three.Five by hand. Insert the Windows Ten USB stick into the PC (the one you used to install Windows) and set the USB Disc Drive spil the Source for installing the .Nipt Trio.Five. Here is the Guide how to do it, it’s very plain.
Download LATEST Drivers for your motherboard, especially latest Chipset driver . This is very significant.
Four.Two WINDOWS Ten REGISTRY TWEAKS FOR MINING
- Once windows is fully installed and has booted for the very first time, you will have to run the Windows Ten Registry tweaks for mining.bat verkeersopstopping using this tweak disables EVERYTHING that is not significant for mining on Windows, disable everything from this device
- Run it ter administrator mode
Windows Registry Tweaks
- Once everything is applied, restart the equipment
Four.Three Zekering WINDOWS UPDATE #DOUBLECHECK
- Open RUN and type te it “services.msc“, the services pagina will be opened
- Search for “Windows Update“
- Click “Zekering” if the status is “Live” or “Checking/Running“
- Select “Disabled” on “Startup type“
- Apply &, Restart
- Do it again and make sure that it is disabled
Four.Four INCREASE VIRTUAL MEMORY
- Open up search and type ter “This PC“, right click on it and choose “Properties“
- Then click on “Advanced System Settings“
- On “Advanced” tabulator where it says “Show” click on “Settings“
- Click “Advanced” tabulator
- At the bottom you will see the “Virtual memory“ option, click on “Switch“
- Uncheck “Automatically manage paging verkeersopstopping size for all drives“
- Check “Custom-built size“
- Now depending on how much GPU’s you have you will need to increase the virtual memory. Te general for each GPU you need to have 3GB Virtual Memory (because the DAG verkeersopstopping used for hashing ethereum is above 2GB and going to Trio GB this year). So if you have 6 GPU you need to have 6x3GB Virtual Memory = 18GB
- Ter the “Initial size (MB)” type: 2000MB x GPU Count (12000MB for 6 GPU mining equipment, 24000MB for 12 GPU)
- Te the “Maximum size (MB)” type: 3000MB x GPU Count (18000MB for 6 GPU mining equipment, 36000MB for 12 GPU)
- Click “Set” , then “OK” and “Apply“
Windows Advanced Settings Switching Virtual Memory
Four.Five POWER Project AND OPTIONS
- Open up search and type te: “ Power Options “
- Click on “ Vertoning extra plans “
- Select “ High Spectacle ” project
- Then while still on the “ High Vertoning ” project, click on “ Switch project settings “
- Select “ Never ” on all four selections for “ Turn off the display ” and “ Waterput the rekentuig to sleep “
- Click “ Switch advanced power settings ” and look for “ PCI Express ” ->, “ Listig State Power Management “, make sure it is set to “ OFF “, usually it is but better to check on that
- Restart the equipment
Switch Power Options Switch Power Project
Now after Windows is setup decently, download a implement called DDU, That device will uninstall your current driver (even your integrated GPU) and block Windows from automatically installing GPU drivers. That’s significant so that Windows does not install an outdated driver! It will ask you to run ter “safe mode” but that is not necessary. When you run the program just click on “Clean and restart”. Wij want to by hand download and install the right drivers.
Uninstall GPU Drivers, Block Windows Automatic Driver Installation
Now turn off your PC and connect only ONE GPU.
What driver is the best?
Significant – From AMD Crimson 17.Ten driver (and all drivers released after that) they have added the mining mode ter the driver and enabled up to 12 AMD GPU’s to be able to run on Windows Ten.
AMD released Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition, download latest version of it. It will improve hashrate on some cards and ter general give you best possible hashrate on all RX 4xx and 5xx cards.
Very zonderling it’s possible that you will get better results with the Beta Blockchain Driver , but that driver only supports 8 AMD GPU’s and please attempt very first the Adrenaline edition (Ter the Blockchain driver you will not need to switch GPU’s to Compute mode, they are there on default).
If Adrenaline or Blockchain driver is not working, your last hope is latest Crimson ReLive Driver release (you need to switch ter Radeon Settings to compute mode each GPU)
At the beginning of the install process go to Custom-built instead of Express and ONLY select “AMD Display Driver” and “AMD Settings”. During install SKIP the installing of ReLive, because wij won’t need it.
Optional fix (RX 470,RX 570)
After you have installed the driver restart your PC. If you’ve already modified your GPU’s before, there might be a possibility that you won’t be able to see them anymore. That is most likely a problem with the RX 570 series and it’s very zonderling with some RX 580 models. The problem comes from the bios mod, because it switches how the GPU’s work and you will need to Patch your drivers to make them work decently or the driver will just end up disabling or hiding the GPU’s (Error 43). This is only needed if you can’t see your bios’ modified GPU’s ter the Windows Device Manager. Download the Pixel Clock Patcher. Run the program, it should give you a message that the values were patched. After that restart your PC and you should have decent working modified GPU’s.
Pixel Clock Patcher For RX470/570 GPU
Installing all other GPU’s
Once you successfully installed the driver with just one GPU, shut down your PC and butt-plug te all of the other GPU’s. After that, when you turn the PC back on it should automatically detect each of them and it will install the drivers for all of them. Just recall that it will take some time (about 5-10 minutes) for all of the GPU’s to be detected decently. You can open up the Device manager, to see if all of the GPU’s are listed there. Just turn the PC on and wait 5-10 minutes before doing anything, Windows will do it’s job.
Mining(Compute) Driver Mode
Now after you have all of your GPU’s under the right driver, there is one more significant step to make.
Radeon Settings Gaming
Radeon Settings Global Settings
Each GPU has its own bios, that tells it how it should work. There are four different memory types that you will encounter on your GPU : Hynix, Elpida, Micron, Samsung
During the mining of ethereum, you will only be using memory of the GPU, that means that the higher quality of the memory is, the better hashrate you can get. While testing all of the memory types, I’ve found out that Samsung and Hynix are a little bit better than Elpida and Micron, but the difference is very subtle.
Hynix and Samsung Graphic cards:
- all RX 580 8gb cards
- most of RX 570 8gb cards (there is a chance of getting micron memory)
Elpida Graphic cards:
- most of RX 580 4gb cards (there is a smaller possibility of getting micron and very zonderling hynix/samsung)
- most of RX 570 4gb cards (there is a smaller possibility of getting micron and very uncommon hynix/samsung)
Micron Graphic cards:
- they are the rarest memory type and you can found them mostly on RX 570 8gb cards (they can emerge on every RX series but it’s very infrequent)
What memory are my cards and how to uitvoer the BIOS?
Download a implement called GPU-Z.
This device permits you to see what memory type your card has spil you can see ter this picture.
GPU-Z Bios Exporting
On the Green selection you can see the “Memory Type”. Te this example it’s Elpida. If you bought your GPU’s all at once, and they are the same card type and if you see that they all have the same Memory Type, that means that they all CAN USE THE SAME BIOS . Exporting GPU BIOS can be done with clicking on the Crimson circle spil displayed ter the picture above, under the “BIOS Version”. Now you have your original bios exported, make a backup before going to the next step.
How to BIOS MOD yourself ter one click?
Significant – Always work with the original BIOS of your cards, don’t download random BIOS online cause you can’t be sure they are made for your card type, even if they are the same proefje that does not mean they have the same bios. It’s very significant to work with the original card BIOS to reduce the unnecessary risk to the ondergrens.
How to flash the fresh BIOS?
Very first you will need to download a instrument for flashing the bios called ATIFlash.
With this device you can waterput the custom-made bios overheen your current one. Always make a backup for your current bios and store it somewhere safe, you can never know when you are going to need it.
Significant – be very careful what bios you are going to flash on what GPU, I would recommend you to never have different card types plugged te when you are going to flash, so you don’t flash by accident a wrong bios to a wrong card (even if this is almost unlikely, because if you use the AtiFlash decently (spil explained ter this guide) it should give you a warning that you can’t flash the specific bios, because it’s a different type than your original card)
- Step – waterput the custom-built bios that you are going to flash ter the AtiFlash folder, for example “upgrade.rom”.
Copy Opstopping Path
Run CMD spil Admininstrator
Switch Directory to AtiWinFlash
Bios flash problems
- you get the error that the ID’s mismatched , that means that you want to flash the wrong bios on your GPU
- you get the error that the ROM opstopping could not be read, for that you will need to substitute the Riser your GPU is connected to, or you will need to connect that GPU directly to the motherboard or use a DDU to reinstall the current driver and install the driver back on, if that does not work attempt to download Atiflash Two.74 Version and attempt using this instead.
- you get the error on 4000 or 8000 bytes wrong size, that means that you want to flash the wrong bios (some older cards have a 512kb bios, precies same fresh version of cards use a 256kb bios, that means that you desired to flash the older bios to the fresh cary type and of course you got rejected. You need to always be careful about what bios you are flashing).
- after flashing your GPU and restarting the PC you don’t see the GPU anymore, you didn’t install the “Pixel Patcher”, go to the GPU Driver section and read it again.
Now after all your GPU’s are flashed with the right upgraded bios wij can stir on to the most significant step, the mining software part. There are a duo of different popular mining programs, depending on the algorithm they are working with, the most popular are:
- Ethash (ethereum,ubiq,ethereum classic… ) can be mined with the same mining software because they all work under the same algorithm (ethash) and the best miner is Claymore 11.6
- CryptoNight (monero,electroneum….) are also mined with the same software
- EquiHash (zcash,zclassic,bitcoin Gold…) are also mined with the same software
This guide is focused on the Ethash algorithm mining, so the settings and the tutorials from this guide are not optimized for the other mining algorithms like CryptoNight. For this I project to make another guide or expand this one so that you will understand how to optimize your GPU’s for the other algorithms.
Claymore 11.6 is presently the best miner for Ethereum, and it comes with a nice option of dual mining with some other altcoins (Decred, Sia… ) that can boost your profit by around 20-30% for 20% more power draw. Even if you have expensive violet wand the toeslag profit is very likely worth it.
Claymore 11.6 immobilized the temperature and fan speed display ter the console for the latest AMD Adrenaline driver.
Is Claymore’s developer toverfee a right thing?
Claymore software has a immovable toverfee of 1% when you are mining ethereum or 2% toverfee when you are mining decred. There are various problems that can toebijten due to the way the Toverfee is working. The toverfee works ter a way that each hour you will be disconnected from your mining process and for about 1-2 minutes, you will mine for the Claymore developers. After that it will connect you again to your pool and commence the mining again. By onveranderlijk disconnecting and reconnecting each hour your GPU cools down and then heats up again, and by doing that you are taking a chance the life of your GPU’s. I heard from many people that after some time one of the GPU’s would reset to the default clock settings because of the onveranderlijk disconnecting/reconnecting or it would “hang” and crash the miner or cause it to recreate the DAG opstopping, and you end up losing valuable time with that. Claymore is a indeed cool software and I think there could be a better way to support the developers, rather than venturing our own miner stability. By using the official Claymore I lost about 3% of my shares compared to using the Claymore without the Developer Toverfee, everyone can attempt it for themselves and see the difference.
Claymore 11.6 without Developer Toverfee?
Recently there is a good source for the NoFee version that is permanently uploaded to the newest version, and from my testing I get precies 1.1% higher hashrate compared to the official Claymore release (calculated by 24hour comparison of found shares on the mining pool I’m using – nanopool)
Claymore 11.6 AMD show increase!
Latest Claymore version brings a straight 0.3-0.5% voorstelling increase compared to the previous Claymore versions. This is only for AMD gpu’s, there is no effect on the hashrate for Nvidia Gpu’s.
The comparison tested on 12 RX 570 4GB GPU equipment (1-2 MH/s more total hashrate):
Claymore 11.0 hashrate Claymore 11.6 hashrate
You can download the Claymore with the developer toverfee liquidated: Claymore 11.6 NoFee Version Thanks to d3z00r upload.
Trouble downloading Claymore?
The Claymore miner software source code is encrypted (if someone would have the source code he could make his own miner and would be much lighter to eliminate the developer toverfee. That’s why Windows Defender is going mad when he encounters Claymore miner, because it does not know what the Claymore software is doing it will attempt to liquidate it and warn you about dangerous verkeersopstopping.
The best way to disable Windows Defender (it’s good te general to disable it cause it can disrupt mining spectacle or even crash the equipment, especially the real-time protection) is to go after those steps:
Opening Local Group Security Policy
Windows Defender Antivirus Disable Option
Turning On the Disable of Windows Defender
How to setup Claymore?
Claymore runs through its “start.bat” verkeersopstopping. Te the “start.bat” (you can open it with the notepad) you JUST NEED TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING (NO SETX Guidelines BEFORE THAT):
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool yourMiningPool -ewal yourEthAddress -epsw x -dcri 6
Ethereum Mining Pool
-epool is the mining pool you are mining on, it’s just a persona preference, some people like to use nanopool, some like dwarfpool, ethermine, you can use whatever pool you like. Be c areful what pool you are using, it should be based on your location, it would make no sense to mine on an European pool if you are ter America because of the high ping. Always use the pool that is close to you (nanopool,dwarfpool,ethermine and others have mostly location specific pools, you can’t miss them, they mostly begin with eu, us or asia. After that you can write your own ethereum address which is used to collect your ethereum shares. You can view statistics on the mining pool by searching it with your address, for example if you are using the nanopool pool you can see your current active statistics with : https://eth.nanopool.org/yourEthereumAddress. For example using Nanopool:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal yourEthAddress -epsw x -dcri 6
Do not add “SETX” directions at embark, they are not needed.
I use nanopool to mine Ethereum, you can use ethermine or dwarfpool also, but ethermine gives most reliable statistics. Go to Chapter 11 to see why I use nanopool.
Ethereum Wallet Address
-ewall is your ethereum address, be careful because you will always need to write only an ETHEREUM wallet address, not a bitcoin or any other address. Most effortless way to create an ethereum wallet and keep it safe is to use the exchange sites like Bitfinex or Bittrex. They will suggest you high security and you can use the Two Factor Authentication which makes it very secure. For big amounts I would recommend to use offline wallets like Trezor Bitcoin Wallet.
How to setup dual mining?
Ethereum is mined just by using the memory of your GPU, so the GPU’s core is almost not affected by the ethereum mining at all. This gives a possibility to utilize the GPU core for mining some other coins ter the same time spil you mine ethereum without affecting its hashrate. Of course if you would mine the dual coin at utter potency, it would affect the ethereum hashrate, that’s why wij will need to optimize the energy of the dual coin, lowering it at such degree that it’s not affecting the ethereum hashrate.
DUAL MINING CLAYMORE Commence.BAT CONFIG :
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool yourMiningPool -ewal yourEthAddress -epsw x -dpool dualCoinMiningPool -dwal dualCoinWalletAddress -dpsw x -dcri 25
Dual Coin Mining Pool
The part before the -dwal is the same spil for the solo ethereum mining described above. The -dwal has the same representation spil -ewal, it just is the mining pool of the dual coin. I would recommend to mine ONLY Decred spil a dual coin, because it has the highest efficiency of all of them . Spil described above the Dual coin uses the GPU’s core for mining and not all dual coins give the same results. For RX 5xx cards the best way would be to go with Decred. I use the Supernova decred mining pool. You need to create an account there, and the account name will serve you spil a decred mining pool address. This way it gives you one more security improvement, because you don’t voorstelling people your address, instead just your account name. On your account you will need to create a worker and give it a name for example: worker1, and leave it’s password spil it is (“password”). Now to connect decently to the decred mining pool you would need to waterput “ -dwal supernovaAccountName.supernovaWorkerName ”
How to mine decred?
You can create a decred wallet at Bittrex. It’s a very good trading webpagina featuring a lotsbestemming of altcoins including decred. You can contant out your decred at your account pagina ter supernova, under “My Account” ->, “Edit Account” ->, “Payment Address” and you need to type your bittrex address there. And now you just need to set “Automatic Payout Threshold” to your desired value, I use 0.Five spil my payout cap. I convert my mined decred to ethereum at a bittrex exchange webpagina, and store my value like that. It’s safe if you use a 2FA (authenticator).
Significant DUAL MINING INFORMATION
Spil you can see ter the dual mining configuration, the last part is “-dcri 25”. That means that the dual coin is set to mine intensively , and it shows how much GPU core is assigned for that task. Yes it’s needed for solo mining too, and needs to be set to 6! This is a very significant part because it’s DEPENDANT ON THE GPU SERIES . The only noticeable difference inbetween the RX 570 and RX 580 series is their GPU Core . The memory (used for ethereum mining) is almost the same on those cards, so there is basically no difference ter the ethereum hashrate, but the big difference comes te the GPU Core. The RX 580 series can treat around -dcri 25, don’t go above that because it can reduce your ethereum hashrate. For RX 570 series the optimal -dcri is around 19-22. For some cards even lower spil 13, this needs to be tested by yourself. The zindelijk way would be to begin with -dcri Ten. Then using your keyboard press “+” or “-”, that way you can increase or decrease -dcri by 1, spil you will see on the claymore miner. By going up you will see the dual coin hash rate going up, repeat that until you can begin to see the ethereum hashrate decrease, then, after you find that spot reduce -dcri by Three, so you are not pushing the GPU to the limit. On the RX 570 series it’s possible to get a higher hashrate on ethereum with dual mining rather than just solo mining . Optimal for RX 570 is around -dcri Nineteen , optimal for RX 580 series is around -dcri 25. For some cards it’s possible to go even further, but it’s not worth it to stress the GPU too much.
This is the most significant part of this guide , it’s very significant for you to learn the right way of overclocking and undervolting to optimize the GPU spil much spil possible.
- STEP – Delete all the overclock instruments that you have installed, especially MSI Afterburner because it can interfere with the zindelijk way of overclocking and undervolting.
- STEP – Liquidate any overclock and undervolt from Claymore “start.bat” opstopping if you were using those guidelines before (-cclock, -mclock, -cvddc, -mvddc) , even -tt and any other option. Claymore overclock and undervolt devices are terrible and have various problems:
- The GPU sometimes random resets to a default stock hashrate even if you see the GPU is at it’s desirable clock rates
- GPU’s get random hashrate drops, for example it shows 29.5MH/s, but sometimes it will randomly druppel to 20 MH/s for no reason ter the logs, and that happens very often. The way Claymore software attempts to force your GPU’s to stay at those clock rates is terrible, and it will not work decently if a fresh Driver from AMD comes out.
- You don’t have total access to the overclock instruments ter claymore and it’s a mess configuring each GPU individually
- Overclock or undervolt sometimes don’t apply decently. Often you will need to commence it again Two times or even restart the PC to have zindelijk Overclock values applied
- STEP – Reset your GPU’s to the default clock rate settings if you have overclocked them before
- STEP – Download a contraption called OverdriveNtool. This is the BEST and most RELIABLE overclock/undervolt instrument for AMD graphic cards.
What is OverdriveNtool?
Now after your GPU’s are at their default settings, wij’ll be using OverdriveNtool to treat the overclocking,target the GPU’s temperature and it’s undervolting. There is no other instrument where you can have utter control of your GPU and the capability to quickly optimize the GPU’s. You can’t be 100% sure the overclock/undervolt settings are working decently. This is a special software that gives you Total access to your AMD GPU’s and it’s very effortless to use once you know the basics.
How to use OverdriveNtool?
This software may seem confusing or complicated at very first, but it’s very effortless to understand. I will explain it through the following picture:
OverdriveNtool Default Settings
GREEN – this is the target temperature of your GPU. OverdriveNtool will automatically keep your GPU’s at their desired temperature by enhancing/decreasing the fan speed, spil it’s needed to stay at those temperatures. The optimal value would be 60C . You can check this during the mining ter Claymore, by eyeing how much the current fan speed is ter percentage. If the fan’s speed goes overheen 70% increase the target temperature to 65C , but that can only toebijten if you have a high slagroom temperature, very likely because of no cooling or a powerless air flow.
PROFILES – This serves to save current overclock settings for further use. For example after you turn on your PC, you can automatically fountain all the overclock settings to the desired GPU’s.Wij will have 1 profile vanaf GPU on your mining equipment . Very first make a fresh .txt opstopping ter the folder ter which you have the OverdriveNtool.
Create .txt Opstopping
After that go to “Save As” and switch the “Save spil type” to “All Files” and then name the script “overclock.bat”. That way you will create a Batch opstopping the same type spil Claymores “start.bat” and it will work ter very similar way.
Convert .txt Verkeersopstopping to .bat Opstopping
Now after that open the overclock.bat opstopping with notepad and write te the following:
Spil you can see te the following picture:
Overclock Script for OverdriveNtool
This will make a batch script that will run the OverdriveNtool.exe and set the each gpu (-p) to a predefined profile (“profileName”)
- -r1 ->,resets the GPU 1 to default settings, it’s significant to always reset GPU before testing fresh clock settings
- -p1”gpu1“ ->,set the GPU 1 values to the profile called “gpu1”
If you have Ten or more GPU’s you need to have dual digits to numerize them (-p01,-p02,…,-p11,-p12 and -r01,-r02,….,-r11,-r12) or else the 10-12 GPU won’t be recognized.
List of AMD GPU’s
Carefull , spil you can see ter the displayed pic ter my case, I have on this mining equipment 7 GPU’s enabled. The very first one is an INTEGRATED GPU and it’s ID is -p0 , all others are mining gpu’s (p1,…p6). So if you have your integrated GPU disabled or for some reason you use a motherboard that does not have it, then your mining GPU id’s embark from p0, but you can see the GPU’s order spil displayed te the picture below. The GPU’s order ter OverdriveNtool is the same spil te the GPU-Z and Claymore 11.6.
Now make 6 “New” profiles and name them gpu1, gpu2… gpu6 and each profile will represent the GPU it’s fastened to, so for example, wij are using the “-p1” GPU to the profile “gpu1” and so on. You need to make so many profiles spil you have mining GPU’s (all GPU’s except the Integrated one)
Crimson – this part shows you the real GPU’s core clock rates and its voltages. Ter other overclocking instruments you will only see the last one, te this case 1340 Mhz. Spil you noticed there are 8 of them (P0,P1….P7) and that are the GPU’s core states. This means the GPU switches automatically to default inbetween those states, depending on how much you use the GPU. From all those 8 states, wij don’t want the GPU to switch inbetween them, wij want it to run stable at the stationary clock rates wij waterput it on. To do that wij will need to DISABLE all the GPU’s states except the last one (P7). You can disable every state from P0 till P7 simply by dual clicking on its name (just go with the mouse overheen “P0” and doubleclick), you will know if you are successful if that state switches colour.
GPU CORE OVERCLOCK/UNDERVOLT – wij need to do two things to the GPU core. Very first, wij will need to set P7 clock rate and its voltage. You need to recall that the GPU’s core is not used to mine ethereum a lotsbestemming, it just helps the memory to do the hashrate. The GPU’s core generates the most fever on the GPU and uses the most power, so our intention is to thrust the GPU’s core down spil much spil possible to save power and lower the temperature on the GPU without losing ethereum hashrate, or lose some hashrate because wij save more on the power cost reduction than the puny ethereum hashrate druppel. It would be very recommended to have Wattmeter to make your own calculations to see what’s more worth for you. Ter general most optimal clock rates for ALL GPU’s is around 1150mhz . Some RX 570 can even work at around 1100mhz without losing any, or very low hashrate reduction on ethereum and that will reduce the power draw drastically. Some RX 580 need 1200mhz to have the optimum hashrate, but most of them work best at 1150mhz. Te general never go above 1200mhz because it will embark to use much more power, and you can will that with your Wattmeter. For the Voltage part, it’s best to keep them at 850mV . You can attempt to reduce the voltage to 825mV or 800mV if you are going to keep the GPU’s at 1100mhz, but it is possible to get a freeze or crash. The best way for you is to test your hashrate with those values described and see what effect it has for your GPU to run it at 1100mhz, 1150mhz, 1200mhz with 850mV voltage ter all cases. Then compare the power draw with the hashrate and calculate what’s more profitable for you. Te most cases 1150mhz/ 850mV is optimal.
MEMORY – This works identically spil the GPU core, except it’s for the memory. This is the holy grail, this is the most significant part of GPU mining and it’s very RANDOM . There is no motionless values from which you can know that it will work 100% on your GPU. There is just one decent way of doing it without taking a chance any problems. Wij will need to disable P0 and P1 by dual clicking on them.
HOW TO SET OVERDRIVENTool Decently?
Wij will need to repeat the process for each GPU individually, it’s very significant to test it that way so if you end up getting a crash or reset, you will know exactly at what part that happened so that you can switch sides the crashing settings.
Very first wij will need to test the very first mining GPU only, not all at once:
- Set the GPU target temperature to 60C
- Set the GPU core spil explained te the Crimson part of the guide (GPU Core) to 1150mhz/850mV, and disable all of the previous states.
- Set the Memory to 1800mhz/900mV and disable all of the previous states.
- Apply settings to the GPU.
- From Profiles find the “gpu1” profile and click Save.
Overclocked and Undervolted Template
Spil you can see te the picture, you will need to have values set exactly like that. Apply settings very first, then click on the “Save” button near the profile or else the profile settings won’t be applied decently. You have your very first GPU all set and ready to make the FINAL STEP
This is the most significant question people want to have an response for and it’s the most tricky one. There are no optimal or universal values, because on the identical GPU’s the same Overclock/Undervolt settings don’t work the same way. Each GPU is unique and requires individual testing to optimize it decently.
Download a contraption called HWinfo64.
Install it and run it ter “Sensors only” mode spil displayed ter this picture:
Sensors only mode for HWinfo64
After that scroll all the way down till you see your GPU’s, they are located at the end. Now after you found the GPU’s, select all sensors except “Memory Errors” and HIDE them (right click on the sensors and press “hide”). Ater that, you will have something spil te the photo below:
Ethereum GPU Mining Guide Memory Errors te HWinfo64
Ter my case there are 6 AMD GPU’s and I have disabled all other sensors because they don’t rente mij. Wij only want to have GPU Memory Errors displayed, this will tell you if your GPU is overclocked too much . Now this is the way wij will test your GPU’s optimal settings.
- Begin mining with the current base settings spil wij did for very first GPU (1150mhz/850mV on GPU core and 1800mhz/900mV) on the Memory, the target temperature is 60.
- If you see no memory errors then the current setting is working decently, you will need about Two minutes to see if they begin to vertoning or not.
- Now switch the memory to 1850mhz, then click apply, after that click save on the profile.
- Now embark the overclock.bat script , it will reset the GPU to its default settings, and after that you will need to apply it’s fresh 1850mhz memory settings.
- Embark mining and see if you get any memory errors after 2-3 minutes.
- If you don’t get any memory errors, that means your GPU is having no problems running at those clock rate. Now wij will attempt to increase memory clock rate by 50mhz increments, and each time you increase memory repeat step Four and Five ( if you see no difference ter hashrate after chaning memory clock rate you need to restart your PC, sometimes if you switch overclock/undervolt a lotsbestemming it will zekering making switch ). Wij want to repeat that process till you embark to see memory errors, depending on them do the following:
- If you get few memory errors after some time, rollback to 25mhz and test it again.
- If you get millions of errors, that’s the HARD CAP of the GPU and you can’t thrust it above that, reduce the clock rate by 50 mhz.
- If you get 1-2 errors each duo of seconds it’s fine and you can keep it like it is.
Now after you found the optimal value for your GPU you can do the following:
- Set the GPU core to 1100 Mhz and then to 1200 Mhz (don’t leave behind to apply, save profile and then run the overclock.bat) to see the difference ter hashrate and the power draw from the wall. ( if you see no difference te hashrate after chaning GPU core clock rate you need to restart your PC, sometimes if you switch overclock/undervolt a loterijlot it will zekering making switches )
- Set the memory voltage to 850mV and then to 800mV , always look into HWinfo64, because the reduction of voltage on the memory can cause it to produce errors, so don’t go below 800mV . Reduction ter the memory voltage can also cause the GPU to zekering working (0 mh/s) or cause the equipment to freeze or blue screen. Don’t worry about that just revert the settings.
After you done all that for the Very first GPU , you can repeat the process for each other GPU, always keep an eye ter HWinfo64 for memory errors, so that you don’t have an unstable equipment. The equipment can work with a bunch of memory errors but that can cause:
- real hashrate to druppel
- rejected shares
- watching random hashrate drops ter claymore
- it can cause serious harm to the GPU
If all of your GPU’s on the Equipment are the same, you can attempt to apply the profile settings that worked for the very first GPU to the next GPU and test if it works, then attempt to adjust the petite settings to reduce memory errors if you get them. It’s possible that the same GPU with the same settings will crash the PC or cause a freeze, that’s why you test one GPU at a time .
AVERAGE OPTIMUM GPU SETTINGS
This is a list of different GPU’s and their average optimum settings. So that you can have a clear picture of what your GPU should look like:
After you’ve managed to setup all of the GPU’s profiles and have tested them, and you are sure that they produce no, or very few memory errors, you want to make sure that your mining equipment works automatically.
- Create a shortcut to Claymores “start.bat”
- Create a shortcut to OverdrivenTools “overclock.bat”
- Press Windows Key + S
- Type “Run” and press Inject
- Type ter: “shell:startup”
- A folder will speelgoedpop up
- Haul OverdriveNtool and Claymore shortcuts to that folder
Windows Startup Folder Mining and Overclocking Scripts Beginning With Windows
Now attempt to restart your PC, it should overclock and begin mining automatically.
There are many ways of managing your equipments and a lotsbestemming of software to do that. I like the most elementary one and that works superb for mij.
- NANOPOOL – I use this pool to mine ethereum, and to monitor my equipments . At the part of -ewall after your ethereum adress you can waterput “yourEthWallet.yourRigName/yourReportingEmailAddress” . That way nanopool will send you a email if one of your equipments goes offline. Also at nanopool webstek you can check your current hashrate of your equipments. If you see one equipment reporting lower hashrate than it should you know something is wrong. Nanopool works very well spil a monitoring device.
- SPLASHTOP– If nanopool finds a problem the best way to fix the kwestie is using remote desktop software to access your equipments. Instead of Splashtop you can use Teamviwer they do the same job. And spil your Main GPU is integrated one, the streaming software will not have big influence on the hashrate or stability of the equipment.
- Wise Cork – If the equipment is frozen and cannot be accessed with remote desktop, then wij need to restart it. I use brainy ass-plugs for that. You can monitor your power draw and restart your equipments with it (by switching power off and back on)
And that’s it, you’ve optimized your Mining equipment the decent way
Hope you’ve learned a lotsbestemming and that my guide helped you to achieve a better and efficient mining.
If my guide helped you please send a donation to my: